Pathways for Sustainable Food
With the aim of reducing environmental impacts while addressing societal demands for safe, nutritious and affordable meat and dairy products, PATHWAYS is about identifying and increasing sustainable practices along the supply and production chains of the European livestock sector.
Coordinated by the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) and comprising 30 partners from 12 countries, this 5-year (2021-2026) €9 million Horizon 2020 project contributes to the EU Farm-to-Fork Strategy which is at the heart of the EU Green Deal.
Innovation Centre For Organic Farming's role
- Applicability of LCA for livestock sector: farms, advisors, retailers in Denmark
- Overview of company connections
- Data gathering for economy, social and environmental assessment of the sector in Denmark
- Active in two practice hubs (organic pig farms, conventional pig farms); sustainability and system redesign
- Local dissemination, integration in other tools
Read more in the deliverables from the project:
- "Defining common criteria for harmonizing life cycle assessments of livestock systems", prepublication in the journal Cleaner Production Letters 4, 2023 (pdf, 9 p.)
- "Identifying criteria for harmonizing life cycle assessments of crop-livestock systems and interactions", poster text for Italian Society of Agronomy Conference, September 2023 (pdf, 2 p.)
2021 - 2026
27 partners in 12 countries
Project home page
Find out more about Pathways on the project’s website.